I wake up on Sunday morning and check my WordPress account notifications and find that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by fellow blogger Grow Taste Create. I’m so honored that you thought of my blog for this blog award (I had to do a little background research of my own to find out more about this award hehe and came across this post). I always enjoy reading your posts and find them so informative for when I’m ready to spread my wings and live on my own, and want to live sustainably while treating the environment right, not to mention that I love home improvement shows and the ideas that you have around the house!
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers, particularly new bloggers. Since starting this blog last year, I’ve come across many blogs that I truly enjoy, so I’m excited to have been nominated and be able to share the blog love to others 🙂
There are different rules depending on the chain you’re connected to, but these are the rules I’ll follow from Grow Taste Create:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Nominate 5-11 new bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you.
- Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog.
Here are my nominees (thank you for always keeping my Reader interesting and sharing great stories and posts!):
- Chili Sarang
- For the Love of Blonde
- Hi Scooter Pie
- Scarlet Pen 28
- Tasting Everything
- Unwed Housewife
- Youth Food Blog
Here are the questions I have for my nominees:
- What got you into blogging?
- Where are you from, and where would you most like to live (if you could live anywhere in the world)?
- If you could be fluent in 2 languages besides English, what would they be?
- Do you prefer to live in a mansion, a ranch on a farm, a tiny house, or a mobile home
- If you cook at home, do you prefer to improvise, or follow recipes to the T?
- What is your favorite genre of music, and favorite song and artist?
- Do you have any hobbies that you’ve maintained throughout the years (aside from blogging)?
- What was your childhood dream, and do you still aspire to accomplish it?
- If you could only describe yourself in 3 adjectives, what would they be?
- What is your spirit animal and why?
I had such a fun time answering the questions that were given to me! Here are my responses 😀
- Boxers or briefs?
Boxers! They just look so comfy haha
- If you had to pick one presidential candidate to support, who would it be? (Write-ins most definitely allowed.)
I would say Bernie Sanders, because I respect the fact that he’s been consistent with his beliefs and what he stood for so many years ago, and that he wants to be the voice for the middle class.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
That’s a tough question… I will be pursuing my MPH this fall, but I’m still not 100% sure of what area I’ll be focusing on since I have so many interests! I want to help developing countries for sure, and I am interested in the following issues: water and sanitation, cancer, hepatitis, smoking, climate change, reducing waste, just to name a few 😮 There is so much to choose from, and I hope that when I go to school, I’ll have a better idea of what I want to do and what I’m most passionate about! In short, I want to be a public health professional that helps communities in developing countries 🙂
- Are you grown up?
I’m over 21, but I wouldn’t say I’m grown up. I know there is much to learn about the world, and I still have room for improvement and maturity. Every day, I’m working to be more independent and self-sufficient so I can fend for myself when I’m in school and when I’m finished with school.
- Name two truths and one lie about yourself. We’ll try to guess which is the lie
I love this game! Here goes…
– I saved a turtle from a supermarket and kept it as a pet so it wouldn’t be eaten.
– I am under 5′.
– I have a twin brother.
- What is your dream vacation?
I would love to travel across Europe and Latin America and just explore all of the different cities. I’m a big foodie so I am interested in trying unconventional, untraditional foods (I really wanted to go to Oaxaca when I was in Mexico to try the bugs!) I also find cultures and languages fascinating and like to see the architecture in different regions of the world.
- Which natural disaster are you most afraid of?
Whichever natural disaster makes the power go out or separates me from my loved ones. I’m so scared of the dark and of being alone, so those are my two worst fears that can happen! I guess earthquakes and tsunamis would definitely be at the top for both of those :X
- Have you kept your New Year’s Resolution this year? Or ever?
I learned not to make New Year’s resolutions because it’s almost impossible to keep. I read somewhere that setting a resolution makes it even harder to accomplish, versus having a regular goal that you want to maintain. At one point I set a New Year resolution to exercise more and to stop cracking my knuckles, but I failed miserably in the first month haha 😦 I hope when I go back to school and have easy access to a gym, I’ll have no excuse not to take care of my body!
- What is something you would like to learn how to do?
I really would like to learn how to swim! My parents told me they tried to take me and my sister to swimming lessons when we were little; however, I have no recollection of this, and I don’t know why we stopped 😦 I love the water and still jump at opportunities to go to the beach or water excursions on vacation, but it would be nice to be able to swim and not fear for my life at the same time haha
- What advice would you give someone who is starting a blog?
Definitely brainstorm ideas of what you want your blog to be about. Have a “theme” that you want to maintain, but let yourself be flexible! My blog is still not perfect or one-subject, but I think it makes for more interesting reads if people like seeing different posts (I hope)! Additionally, don’t be afraid to be casual in your posts; I used to write really formally thinking that was the best way to portray myself, but it can come off as sterile to your readers and they want to be able to relate to you as a fellow blogger.