Ready for a deliciously sweet summer pastry? This 5-ingredient recipe to make strawberry cream cheese pastries will be a definite hit for your friends and family when you invite them over for a get-together on a summer day! The steps may be a little bit tedious, but I promise, it’s well-worth it once you take a bite out of your pastry!
Ingredients (to make about 20 3×4 inch pastries):
- firm, ripe red strawberries, chopped (more is better in case some are smaller than you want for presentation)
- 8oz cream cheese at room temperature (you only need 6oz unless you want it really cheesy)
- 6 tbsp of sugar (I used brown sugar, but I’m sure you can use white)
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract (feel free to use more if you love the vanilla flavor and don’t mind it extra sweet)
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 medium/large egg, beaten (this is used to glaze over the pastry so it has a nice golden-brown color after baking)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice your strawberries to the thickness of your preference **since this was my first time, some of mine came out looking weird since I used suuuuper small pieces haha**
- Beat 6oz of cream cheese FIRST (that was where I made my mistake -.- my mixture came out all clumpy since I added my sugar and vanilla altogether with my cream cheese and mixed)
- Add the sugar and vanilla after the cream cheese is a smooth texture, and again beat it until it’s smooooooth!
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper, and put the puff pastries on top; slice the pastries into however many pastries you need (I cut them so there were about 20)!
- Use a fork and poke holes on the edges (see picture).
- Beat the egg and then brush the egg on the edges of the pastries.
- Put the cream cheese mix in the center of each pastry, and lay strawberries on top in whatever pattern your heart desires 🙂
- Pop them in the oven for 15-17 minutes until you see the top of your pastries start to look golden brown!
- Let them cool for an hour or so, and if you want, you can dust them with powdered sugar before serving 🙂
ALL PHOTOS ARE ©magnetically aesthetic. Please do not steal, edit, or use these pictures in any way without my permission. Thank you!